Girl Scout Programs
Three different ways to experience horses at Cave Creek Trail Rides
Exploring the desert on horseback offers a unique educational experience by allowing your group to connect with our natural surroundings. Dress up in cowboy hats, boots, and chaps for fun group photos!
We offer special rates for Girl Scouts who are looking to book a 1 hr or 1.5 hr ride. Troop leaders and Girl Scouts welcome, fun for the whole troop!
Ride a Horse, be a Cowgirl
This program explores all aspects of the horse world. The girls will learn about horse tack, feed, grooming, and safety. This hands-on program also includes a 1 hr horseback ride.
Horses, Critters & Gold…Oh My!
Get your boots on and come on out to Cave Creek Trail Rides! Get a hands on “Old West” experience with our 3 Exploration Stations, where you will gain knowledge and connect as a group! This program includes hands-on stations where the Girl Scouts will pan for gold, meet Sonoran Desert critters, groom and ride a horse on their own!
Boy Scout Programs
Ride a horse be a Cowboy!
Club Scouts have a great opportunity to learn about horses, have a great group experience & learn a Belt Loop or Sports Pin.
- Acknowledgment of risk forms MUST be signed by legal guardian for each participant prior to ride. Please download the Acknowledgement of Risk Form – ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISK FORM w/ optional HARDHAT WAIVER ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISK FORM w/ optional HARDHAT WAIVER (119 KB)
- Each participant will be required to wear a riding helmet while on the ride.
- We offer boots, hats and chaps to each participant. Bring your cameras and come early to get a group picture! The cowboy hats come off and the helmets go on for the ride.
- This is a great area so plan to bring a picnic for your group before or after your time with us.
- If you have additional questions or concerns, please give us a call, so that we can discuss them.
The park has a $6.00 entrance fee. Please stop and register when you enter the park. This money goes directly to trail maintenance and upkeep of the park.
What people are saying about Cave Creek Trailrides.
I wanted to let you know that my troop and I had a wonderful time at the Cave Creek Trail Rides yesterday. It was a great experience for the girls and for myself. Your staff was amazing! Everyone was courteous, helpful, patient and very friendly. It will definitely be a day that they will not forget.
After talking with you about the other Girl Scout badges the girls can earn, we are thinking of arranging another visit sometime in April to earn the Horse Rider badge. We are uncertain of the time right now. It will either be April 16th or April 30th. Once we know what day will work with the troop I will contact you to make reservations.
Thanks again for making our day yesterday a very enjoyable experience!
Girl Scout Troop #1119 ”
I just wanted to say thank you to you and your staff for such an awesome time today. All the boys and parents had a spectacular day and you and your team far exceeded our expectations.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with the program, and as soon as I get the updated flyer, I will send this out to the rest of the Pack. I know some of the other local packs, so will also get the information out to them.
The Harwood Family