Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these 3 requirements:
- Explain five safety precautions for when you are near a horse.
- Watch how to mount and dismount a horse safely. Practice these skills as you go on your ride.
- Go on a supervised/guided horseback ride for at least 20 minutes. Each Cub Scout will wear an approved helmet. These helmets will be provided by Cave Creek Trail Rides.
PROGRAM TO BE APPROXIMATELY 1 HOUR IN LENGTH
COST: $36.00 + TAX/ CUB SCOUT. $41/ ADULT and 1 FREE ADULT LEADER/GROUP
Sports Pin Requirements
Cave Creek Trail Rides is able to provide the opportunity to earn the Horseback Riding Pin. This optional upgrade package includes a full hour of riding, and completion of the following five requirements:
Complete these 5 requirements:
- Learn how to measure a horse’s height and what a “hand” equals when measuring.
- Point out these main parts of a horse: forehead, muzzle, mane, withers, point of hip, knee, hoof, and root of tail.
- Describe three different breeds of horses and explain what feature makes each breed special OR Learn about three famous horses. Explain why these horses were well-known.
- Tell why it is important to wear an approved riding helmet when you go horseback riding.
- Go on a supervised/guided horseback ride for at least 30 minutes. Dress appropriately and show that you can safely mount and dismount the horse.
ADDITIONAL $10.00 + TAX/ CUB SCOUT FOR SPORTS PIN REQUIREMENTS AND 1 HOUR RIDE
Questions? Please Call Deb at 623-742-6700 or cell 623-256-4624